Thursday, January 15, 2009


I have a 5 month old son. He is named after the famous 19th century professor of physics who unified the equations of electromagnetism,
James Clerk Maxwell. I often think about how to raise him to be as intelligent and capable as possible. It would be nice to teach him the basics of the scientific world view at a young age (maybe 5? :) . I am trying to think of ways to talk about scientific concepts in a straightforward way. Some of this blog will be about that topic.

1 comment:

  1. My wife and I are both scientists, with three children. From the time they were small, we talked about science with them at home. Told us about our work, how things worked, anything possible. We visited their classes at school and taught science - just once a year, but the kids all remembered and we became celebrities. I made sure they knew about my blog (www.virology.ws) and podcast (www.twiv.tv). Now a bit older, they get science. Plus they all have my podcast on their iPods! I even had my older son do a podcast with me. So it's not very hard to get your child science-centric!

    ReplyDelete